Especially those of writers and artists who have been able to put their thoughts on school or their first day of school on paper come to the rescue.
There is little left until the arrival of September and the beginning of the school is getting closer and closer. Also this year many children and teenagers will return to the desks, to undertake a new school year. The return to the classroom is not always lived in an optimal way by the young people, who, after the summer holidays, are sad because the fun and relaxation are, in a sense, terminated. We have selected a series of phrases of the author that can facilitate and cheer up the return to school. Here is what they are.
Back to school, sentences of the author
Here are some phrases were written by famous people about school and, in particular, about returning to school. Perfect for parents and children struggling with preparations: an author’s phrase, to be shared in the most significant moments, always remains in the heart.
- «Today the first day of school. Those three months of vacation in the country passed like a dream! My mother took me this morning to the ‘Baretti Section’ to have me enrolled for the third grade: I was thinking of the countryside and I was a little ill “. (Edmondo De Amicis, “Heart”)
- “I really needed to find my mother at the exit, and I ran to kiss her hand. She said to me: – “Courage Enrico! We will study together “. – And I returned home happy. But I no longer have my teacher, with that good and cheerful smile, and the school does not seem as beautiful as before.” (Edmondo De Amicis, “Heart”)
- “It is not enough to send children to school, we must accompany them on their studies, we must build day by day in them the awareness that at school we go not to win a title, but to prepare ourselves for life”. (Giovanni Leone)
- “The school is our passport for the future because tomorrow belongs to those who are preparing to face it today”. (Malcolm X)
- “First day of school: 20 pencils, 64 pencil sharpeners, 30 pens, 12 lines, 20 notebooks. End of school: 1 pencil found on the floor ». (Anonymous)
- “The purpose of the school is to turn mirrors into windows.” (Sydney J. Harris)
- “A good head and a good heart are a formidable combination. But when you add a cultured pen or language to it, then you really have something special. ” (Nelson Mandela)
- “Point the pencil/run to write your life. / Write straight and clear words: / Love, fight, work “. (Gianni Rodari)
- «September September, / ripen the grapes and make wine, / mature the muscatel grapes: / schoolboy, prepare the folder!». (Gianni Rodari)
- “On the first day of school we were all like bowls tossed randomly on a pool table, some a little earlier and some a little later, according to the order of arrival in the pews. But Pucci noted that the pupils who had arrived in the desks, later on, were those who were doing well in their studies, and the pupils who had come to the desks behind were those who stayed behind “. (Gianni Celati)
- «Life is the first day of school. Every day »(Anonymous)
- «The first day of school is never forgotten, more or less like the first kiss. I went through the door of the Giacomo Matteotti school in Florence with the thrill of getting to know the new first grade classmates and the face of the teacher who would accompany me for five years of my life ». (Carlo Conti)
- “The first day of school my mother accompanied me. I was wearing a black apron and a nice white bow and I was excited and proud of the achievement. We were many children because, according to the dispositions of the time, the class had to be formed by forty students ». (Salvatore Savino)
- “Dad, root, and light, take me by the hand again / in the golden October of the first day of school. / The swallows left, screamed: / in fifty years you will remember us ». (Maria Luisa Spaziani)
- “He who opens a school door closes a prison.” (Victor Hugo)